How Fast Does a 150cc Dirt Bike Go
So, you have decided to buy a 150cc dirt bike and now looking for what features you can expect from a 150cc dirt bike. I have used a few 150cc dirt bikes during the last 5 years and I must say they bring a lot of adrenaline rush in bloodstreams. My first time with a 150cc dirt was 5 years back at local dirt bike event and my friend gave me his 150cc beats.
Electric Dirt Bike for Kids– Top Rated Reviews
Now you should know that I have only tried a 50cc dirt bike before that event and that too in my private yard. Riding at an event is something that can be only be experienced once you are there on your dirt bike, waiting for the green signal. Let me admit that I crashed in the first round but that does not matter, but its the thrill and excitement that I will always cherish throughout my life. Even at this time of writing the article, I can still feel the thrill and it took me back to those days when I started riding dirt bikes.
How Fast Does a 150cc Dirt Bike Go
Now let me get back to the main topic for today and that is how fast is 150cc dirt bike. The answer is very simple, as fast as you want. However, it may vary from model to model and the way engine works. You should also know that the speed of the dirt bike mainly depends on the rider. You can achieve maximum speed within seconds, it may take a while and you have to be the dirt bike to feel the maximum speed. Many riders fall or face some crash before they could even get close to the maximum speed of any bike.
The average speed of 150cc dirt bikes is between 50-55 mph, now there are few variants that claim to have 65mph for their 150cc dirt bike. But to achieve the top speed, you will need a dedicated straight track.
If you want to test a dirt bike for its maximum speed you need a proper track and that too in a straight manner. You can not achieve a maximum speed of any dirt bike in normal dirt bike track as it has curves and hurdles etc.
How to achieve Maximum Speed of any dirt bike
There are a few things that you must know if you are planning to ride a dirt bike to its maximum. First and most important of all is the engine capacity, but I am not going to talk about that here now. What are other things that may be responsible for the dirt bike to attain maximum speed? I have mentioned below a few customizations that will help you achieve top speed even during trail riding.
- A dirt bike should be properly maintained with all its parts properly accessed. One of the things that matter the most for speed is the condition of the air filter of the dirt bike. You should know that dirt bike engine works like any other engine and it requires fresh air that has oxygen in it to run properly. Now that gatekeeper of that engine is the air filter, if the air filter is clean, it will allow maximum oxygen to reach engine that in result will generate more power. More power means more speed and that’s what we are talking about here. Don’t compromise on the quality when you choose air filter. Don’t forget to add a kill switch in your dirt bike. Read here about the top speed of 50cc, 110cc, 250cc, dirt bikes.
- The next thing that matters the most is riding skills and your ability to handle the dirt bike. Start the dirt bike and check the acceleration of a dirt bike. You must know how to shift between gears as you don’t want to damage the engine during this. Focus on getting the best quality tires for the dirt bike. Read this guide about dirt bike tire sizes.
- You can also go for customization of the different parts of the dirt bike that may include changing to a bigger sized piston. Like this few other modifications can also be made. You can use small front tires and bigger rear tires, now this mainly depends on the track where you plan to ride. If you are riding a used dirt bike, you need to check all the details of the dirt bike.
- Another and most important thing that matters is the way dirt bike engine works. There are 2 variants when we talk about engine differences, 2 stroke dirt bikes and 4 stroke dirt bikes. Now I will not go into the details of their differences. I have already posted an article about with the title, 2 Stroke vs 4 Stroke. If you go through that you will have a better understanding of what I am talking about. Read here about: Razor MX350 vs MX400.
- Use super quality engine oil and maintain it on regular basis.
I will strongly advise not to try to speed up the bikes, you must follow all laws and wear protective gear that is recommended for dirt bikes. Always double check the brakes of dirt bike before you plan any such event. Have fun and stay safe. Goodluck.
Team- Last Cart